Thursday, June 11, 2009

Backseat Mom

My daughter doesn't want anything to do with me.

This isn't anything new. She has always been a daddy's girl. She took that to extremes the other day when I picked her up at daycare. She was looking the other way when I approached her so I put my hand on her shoulder and said, "Hi Punkin!" She turned around, looked at me and cried. Really cried. Big tears and everything. She just kept saying, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" All the way home she cried and screamed for her daddy.

Tonight at dinner, she was eating just fine until Bryan walked into the kitchen. Then she turned her head from me, hit the spoon and said, "No." Twice. I got up and walked away. At this moment I had had enough so I walked away and cried. A lot.

I know that I surely am not the first mom who has ever gone through this, but what do I do? I know it's not Bryan's fault that she likes him better and I really don't blame him. Should I just be glad that she loves her daddy and that I get to take care of her and be the last port in the storm whenever he's not around? Most of the time I'm sure she would toddle over to a complete stranger rather than me. Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive and should be glad that I have "free time." I just don't know how to handle this or what to do. Especially after Jay, who is my right hand man and swears he's never going to leave me.

It's really bummin me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment