Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms and Grandmas and everyone else who cares for a child!

It's been crazy busy around here lately. I've had plenty to talk about but not the time to sit down and write it out. I'll try to be better, but I'm not making promises!

Highlights of the past week:

Jay, after being particularly slow and argumentative in getting ready for school, looked into the bathroom mirror and declared, "Well, I guess I need to have shoes on to go to school, but I don't need nice hair."

That same morning Dyl's first (and second) word of the day was a resounding "NO" when I woke her up.

I guess neither of them was ready to get up that morning!

Jay got a "C" on his report on the Male Northern Cardinal. He was a little disappointed but shrugged it off saying it could have been worse. Such the optimist! He has a visual report (pictures of a thing or place with only short captions to tell the story) of Johnny Appleseed due this Friday.

Dyl's preschool class, with the help of their teachers, made a little Mother's Day card for each mom. It has a poem and a handprint and is cute as can be!

My kids gave me a little silver heart necklace that says MOM on one side and on the other, "In my heart, I remember every hug you ever gave me" and a couple of statues from the Willow Tree Collection, which I absolutely adore.

So with a promise that I will try to write more frequently next week, I'm done for now! It is SO bed time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment