Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Male Northern Red Cardinal

Jay has to do a report on this. It's due tomorrow. He had a pretty good start on it. He left his "good start" at school. I didn't know whether to scream or cry. I cried. It was an honest mistake and he felt bad so there was no need to yell at him. (And beyond allowing me a way to vent, it wouldn't have helped.) But I did make a modest deduction from his allowance.

He had an hour of tutoring tonight with Katie. She's good for him so far. And he likes her (maybe because she's a blonde!), so all is well. Poor Katie got to help write the report. Again. They worked on it together last week.

I may give some of that allowance deduction back though because at the moment, 15 minutes past his bedtime, he's working his butt off in his room typing away. He hasn't complained once. Katie was thoughtful enough to type it as he wrote it and emailed it to me, so he's typing based on his notes from the library and Katie's email - which are actually the same exact words, but her typing is easier to read than his writing!

He didn't even complain when he didn't get to watch Survivor. Though he was doing so well that I invited him to watch the immunity challenge with me. Then he happily went back to his work. Honestly, the kid freakin amazed me!

What makes this all worse, is he has to be up 45 minutes early tomorrow (that's 6 o' freakin clock!!) because he has orchestra practice for the Spring Ensemble which is Sunday night. He has to be at school by 7:00.

So here we are at 9:43 and he's done with the report (YAY), it's proofread, printed, stapled and ready to go. I just hope we don't forget it in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment